Processing of Sensitive Data:
Inglés El Titular de los datos personales o de la organización que representa, tiene derecho a: The Owner of the personal data or the organization it represents has the right to:
- Free access to the data provided that has been processed.
- Know, update and rectify your information against partial, inaccurate, incomplete, divided, misleading data, or those whose treatment is prohibited or has not been authorized.
- Submit complaints to the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce (SIC) for violations of the provisions of current regulations.
- Revoke the authorization and/or request the deletion of the data, provided that there is no legal or contractual duty that prevents its deletion.
- Abstain from answering the questions about sensitive data, the answers that deal with sensitive data or about data of children and adolescents being optional.
The Owner of the data may exercise these rights through the channels or means provided by Sabroso Panamá for customer service, the mobile telephone line +507 205-6692, the “Contact” section of the web page www.sabroso-panama.com and the other customer service channels, whose information can be consulted in the web page www. tasty-panama.com, available Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 11pm. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10am to 11pm. Tuesday Closed, for the attention of requirements related to the treatment of personal data or of the organization that represents the Owner and the exercise of the rights mentioned in this authorization.
1. For the filing and attention of your request, we ask you to provide the following information:
• Company that represents (if applicable).
• Contact details (Physical and/or electronic address and contact telephone numbers).
• Means to receive a response to your request.
• Reason(s)/fact(s) giving rise to the claim with a brief description of the right you wish to exercise (to know, update, rectify, revoke, delete or access the information)
• Signature (applies to physical filing), personal identification number and NIT of the company (if the data is business).
2. The maximum term provided by law to resolve your claim is fifteen (15) business days, counted from the day following the date of receipt.
3. Once the terms set forth in Law 1581 of 2012 and other regulations have been complied with,...
The Data Subject who is denied, totally or partially, the exercise of the rights of access, update, rectification, suppression and revocation, may inform the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce – Delegation for the Protection of Personal Data.
The databases in which personal or business data will be recorded will be valid for as long as the information is kept and used for the purposes described in this policy. Once such purpose(s) are fulfilled and provided that there is no legal or contractual duty to keep your information, the data will be deleted from our databases.